Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Parenting?

Damn! It has been 2 weeks and i was still coughing! I have not gone to pay my doctor a visit not because i was scared of the needle but i hate to wait....really hate it! Anyway my cough is getting worse and really have not much choice.
I went to my regular clinic and the torture began....wait...wait and wait! In the waiting room, there were 1 lady in her 30s and 3 children ( i think aged 1,2 & 5 ). The children were adorable and quite well behaved. Then 2 ladies in their late 20s came in and approached the family, i believe they were the children aunties.
The nurse called their number, it seems that the youngest one was sick and the aunty carried her to the doctor's room, the other 2 wanted to follow. Then all hell broke loose, the mother was screaming on top of his lung telling the children to sit down, " You two rascals better sit down or else i will slap you to death!".....it was so frightening that even i sat straight after hearing her! She continued, " You two are damn useless.......really useless, better go and die!". Wait a minute i asked myself, did i hear correctly....she asked the children to go and die because they wanted to follow the youngest sister? I might have heard wrongly, must be!
I think the children other aunty noticed that i was damned uncomfortable, she brought the children out of the clinic. Thank God, what a relief i said to myself. A few minutes later they came back with drinks and ice-cream in their hands, the whole ordeal started again. " Eat...eat...thats all you know, cant even behave properly......useless *^%$*#*! if you dropped the ice-cream, i will ask you to lick the floor %^$^*!"
Then another patient walked and this lady yelled louder, it seems to me that she was enjoying the spotlight.
I am not being judgemental nor i am a parenting expert but i am surely its really bad to the children confidence and morale if you keep yelling at them in front of strangers at a public place. I am sure the kids were traumatised, at least i am sure i was and still am! I am sure that was not the right thing to do, i have read somewhere that the best way to reprimand a child would be in private, but do praise them in public! How true!
They took their medicine and went home.....really pity the children! I am sure the mother meant no harm but the harm was done whether she meant it or not!
The nurse called my number......after the whole episode i thought i needed to have my blood pressure checked too !!!!

No comments: