Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Baggage oh Baggage!

On 21st December 2008, 4 of us took a 9.25am Airasia flight from Kuala Lumpur heading to Lawas via Kota Kinabalu. It is an annual affair for us to travel to Lawas to celebrate Christmas in Lawas with our Lunbawang relatives. I will talk about Lawas and Lunbawang in my later postings.


Despite the early scare that one of us could not find her IC during the check in, everything went well. We landed around 12.00 noon and after a smooth immigration check, we went to the Baggage Collection Area. There were many people waiting for their bags. I queued up at the carousel and collected 2 out of 3 bags, i waited and waited and waited the 3rd bag but it was not forthcoming. The number of people dwindled from 200-300 to 50 then to 10 then to me alone! Still i was there staring at the conveyor belt hoping for the stupid brown bag to appear!


Then i was approached by an Airsia ground crew, Kevin Kiang. He said there were a few more flights coming from KL and asked to me to see whether my brown bag was on the flights that were arriving soon, so, more waiting. Damn, i hate to wait but there i was .....waited....waited....waited until 2.00 pm. To cut the long story short, he told me that no point staring at the carousel as Santa wont be coming and deliver my brown bag! Damn! What a way to start a holiday!


He said there was good news and bad news......never knew there was good news when my bag not with me! Really felt like telling him how i felt at that point of time. The good news was it was very unlikely that my bag was taken/stolen by other passenger as he said my bag did not travel from KL to KK on the same flight. I asked how he knew it since Airasia they not tag or scan our luggage like Fedex does so that they can trace our luggage, he said he just knew it! Airasia must have telepathic training for their crews i think!

The bad news was he didn't know where in the world my brown bag was at that point of time! He promised he will trace it and revert to me soonest possible.

I think he saw the disappointment or more like anger on my face before he broke another 'good news' to me. if they can't trace my luggage in 7 days, Airasia will compensate me, RM 49.00 for every kilogram that i checked in. That means i will get.....9kg x RM 49.00 = RM 441.00. Wahlau.........RM 441.00????? My brown bag costs half of it, how about my brand new clothes......how about my brand new pants......how about my brand new underwears???? Who is going to pay for that?

Haiiii......... i was supposed to do some island hoppings like Preciouspea did but even my swimming trunk was in the brown bag......thanks to Airasia, we cancelled the itinerary in KK and headed straight to Lawas which took us around 3 hours drive from KK.

Will talk about the trip from KK to Lawas later!

No comments: