Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Little Nyonya


I have heard about this series before and even seen the DVD but i did not pay any attention as i thought its just the normal series with full of crying and with never ending storyline.
How wrong i was! I watched about 20 minutes of this series during my Chinese New Year visit to a relative house and fell in love with it instantly. I went straight to purchase the whole series.
The story revolved around a nyonya girl and her daily life. It was set in Melaka & Singapore during 1940s-1950s. I am a Peranakan(straits born) so i can really relate to the story. To those who plan to marry a Nyonya girl, this movie is a good reference.
Trust me, the series is worth watching, the story line was superb, the actors were brilliant, the research done was perfect.......just go and watchlah!!!

No comments: